Between July 14 – 28, 2018, Confucius Institute at Comenius University in Bratislava in cooperation with SUIBE (Shanghai University of International Business and Economics) organizes “Confucius Institute Summer Camp 2018“.
Participants of the summer camp shall be university students and/or young people aged between 18-30 interested in Chinese language and culture.
The summer camp will take place at campus of the Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, Gubei District, Shanghai with perfect access to most places of interest within Shanghai and Shanghai city centre – distance about 10-20 minutes via metro or taxi. Another location of the summer camp is the campus of Beijing Foreign Studies University in Beijing.
Teaching will be provided in English, by certified Chinese lectors and teachers..
The Headquarters of the Confucius Institutes (HANBAN) in Beijing covers all participants’ costs within China (i.e. accommodation with breakfast, teaching, sightseeing entries, return ticket to fast train from Shanghai to Beijing).
PARTICIPANTS SHALL COVER ON THEIR OWN:
- return flight (Vienna – Shanghai – approx. EUR 850)
- drop-on and drop-off to the airports (Vienna, Shanghai)
- visa application fee
- international travel insurance
- meals (except for breakfast)
- administration fee of EUR 50 – paid to the account of Confucius Institute (if buying return flight via Confucius Institute – this fee is included in the flight deposit of EUR 850)
There are two options to purchase the air ticket:
a) participants buy the round trip themselves and arrive at specified hotel in Shanghai on July 14.
b) the round trip will be arranged by the Confucius Institute at UK in Bratislava – in such case the air ticket deposit shall be paid to the Confucius Insitute account by April 15.
- university student, if not studying Chinese language or person interested in Chinese language and/or culture aged between 18 – 30
with at least basic knowledge of English
- good medical condition enabling abroad travel
- rešpektovanie všetkých pravidiel Letného tábora stanovené univerzitou SUIBE v Šanghaji
- submitting the filled in application form
CV and short motivation
copies of first two passport pages (the passport must be valid at least another one year)
The filled in application form along with all required documents shall be submitted to the following address:
Secretariat of the Confucius Institute at Comenius University in Bratislava
Šafárikovo námestie 6, (5th floor, Room No. 523)
814 99 Bratislava 1
LATEST BY MARCH 31, 2018
After submitting the application with required documents, the participants shall be invited to a personal interview. The administration fee and air-ticket deposit (in case the participant decides not to arrange the round-trip on his/her own) will be paid to the Confucius Institute’s account only after the interview.
THE PROGRAM OF THE SUMMER CAMP CAN BE VIEWED AND DOWNLOADED HERE.