Between July 14 – 27, 2019, Confucius Institute at Comenius University in Bratislava in cooperation with SUIBE (Shanghai University of International Business and Economics) organizes “
Confucius Institute Summer Camp 2019“.
Participants of the summer camp shall be university students and/or young people aged between 18-35 interested in Chinese language and culture.
The summer camp will take place in Beijing (Beijing Foreign Studies University); Guiyang (Guizhou University, Huaxi District) and Shanghai, Gubei District (Shanghai University of International Business and Economics).
Teaching will be provided in English, by certified Chinese lectors and teachers..
The Headquarters of the Confucius Institutes (HANBAN) in Beijing covers all participants’ costs within China (i.e. accommodation with breakfast, teaching, sightseeing entries, train tickets to Guiyang and Shanghai).
PARTICIPANTS SHALL COVER ON THEIR OWN:
- return flight (Vienna – Shanghai – approx. EUR 850)
- visa application fee
- international travel insurance
- meals (except for breakfast)
- deposit of EUR 220 – paid on the account of the Chinese side, shall be returned to the participants after their arrival in China in RMB, according to the current exchange rate – can be used for purchasing board during the summer camp
- preparatory Chinese language course organized by Confucius Institute at Comenius University (in case participants are not Confucius Institute students of Chinese language course). The course will take place between March and June 2019, course fee is EUR 80 / 30 hours)
There are two options to purchase the air ticket:
a) participants buy the Vienna-Beijing and Shanghai-Vienna air tickets themselves and arrive at specified hotel in Beijing on July 14.
b) the air tickets will be arranged by the Confucius Institute at UK in Bratislava – in such case the air ticket deposit in the amount of EUR 850 shall be paid to the Confucius Insitute by March 15, 2019.
Deadline for applications: February 10, 2019
Interviews: February 12 – 15, 2019
Interviews Results: February 15, 2019
Deposit Payment, eventually Deposit and Course Fee Payment:
by March 3, 2019
Preparatory Chinese Language Course (30 hours): March – June 2019, course fee EUR 80
- university or high school student, if not studying Chinese language or person interested in Chinese language and/or culture aged between 18 – 35 with at least basic knowledge of English or a graduate of Chinese language course of the Confucius Institute at Comenius University in Bratislava
- good medical condition enabling abroad travel
- respecting all summer camp rules set by the SUIBE university in Shanghai
- submitting the filled in application form
CV and short motivation
copies of first two passport pages (the passport must be valid at least another one year) and deposit of EUR 220 (will be paid later)
The filled in application form along with all required documents shall be submitted to the following address:
Secretariat of the Confucius Institute at Comenius University in Bratislava
Šafárikovo námestie 6, (5th floor, Room No. 523)
814 99 Bratislava 1
LATEST BY FEBRUARY 10, 2019